How do I check system specifications?

Posted: Sunday, April 3, 2016 by Tyler Durden in Labels:

I am total noob in Linux. I wanna know what is the equivalent of "My Computer" in Ubuntu 11.04. I want to check my computer specs such as Processor Speed, Memory, and etc.
Whenever I check properties in Home Folder it only gives me the HD capacity. I also tried looking at System Settings but I can't find it there. Please help.
shareimprove this question

4 Answers

up vote35down voteaccepted
Hit Super (Start button in windows) , Type and and open System Monitor.
enter image description here

For full details system information use HardInfo : Click to install.
HardInfo can display information about both your system's hardware and operating system.
enter image description here
shareimprove this answer
   
Very useful and precious tool – Laurent06000 Oct 10 '15 at 1:44
   
Does HardInfo tell me about my computer's graphics properties, like video drivers, etc? – SarahofGaia Nov 7 '15 at 17:28
   
This answer does not work anymore in Ubuntu 15.10. There is no Tab System in System Monitor anymore. I opened a new thread about the situation here askubuntu.com/q/715949/25388 – Masi Jan 2 at 11:11 
for command line solutions, you can use the command lshw.
Install it if needed:
sudo apt-get install lshw
then run something like
sudo lshw -html > mySpecs.html
then check the html file.
shareimprove this answer
   
Thank you for adding HTML solution as well. – Rafael Apr 9 '15 at 6:44
   
I corrected my answer, since "sysinfo" is not even used. – Yul Otani Jun 15 '15 at 14:18 
WEB UPD8 has a detail guide on this topic.
In short, you could use lshw (command-line or gtk), hardinfo, sysinfo to get what you want.
shareimprove this answer
   
Thanks so much bro... – Moron Aug 3 '11 at 9:24
Just
lshw | less

Comment : lshw-> ls(list) hw(hardware)

should give you what you need. On ec2 14.04 I found it pre installed so I am going to assume its part of Ubuntu 14.04 package now and you do not need to exclusively install it

0 comments :