Elle Macpherson’s strangest health mantras

Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 by Tyler Durden in Labels:

Elle Macpherson’s strangest health mantras

Matching undies are a must, says Elle.
Matching undies are a must, says Elle. Source: Supplied
SHE’S known as The Body — and for a very good reason.
A well-known yoga lover, clean eater and advocate of exercising for an hour a day, there’s a lot to Elle’s beauty, health and lifestyle regimen you might not be aware of.
Here are ten of her tips for being the best person you can be, as told to Yoursmagazine:
1. Natural is best
I don’t do my hair and I only wear a tiny bit of blusher and lip gloss. I get my hair blow-dried a couple of times a week, but apart from that I just put it up in a ponytail. Focusing on the way I look makes me uncomfortable, so I try to focus on the way I feel. Reading my child a story makes me feel great; doing my hair nicely doesn’t.
2. Give heels the boot
I used to wear heels because I wanted to show people I wasn’t ashamed of being tall. But I don’t wear them any more because you don’t have to wear heels to be beautiful. I can’t even remember the last time I wore heels.
Elle Macpherson’s strangest health mantras
Elle Macpherson shooting a TV commercial for Invisible Zinc sunscreen, at Mona Vale Beach in Sydney. Source:Supplied
3. Wear matching underwear
It’s absolutely essential. It just makes you feel better. You wouldn’t walk around with one blue sock and one red sock, would you? I believe every woman should have seven sets of beautiful lingerie. That’s the absolute minimum.
4. Be pale and interesting
Stay out of the sun! Or if you are out in it, [be] responsible. Today, protecting my skin from the sun is so important. I wish someone had told me that when I was much younger.
5. Get fit any way you can
I try to put aside an hour a day, five days a week, to do some sort of physical exercise, whether it’s Pilates or running in the park. Sometimes I need to run, other times to meditate, sometimes I need to dance with my kids, and sometimes I just need a good meal.
6. Don’t look in the mirror too much
It’s not about agonising in front of the mirror, how many pounds I weigh or what I look like in [certain] clothes. There are some clothes that work for me and some that don’t. It’s all about how I feel.
Elle Macpherson arrives at the 2013 G'Day USA Los Angeles Black Tie Gala.
Elle Macpherson arrives at the 2013 G'Day USA Los Angeles Black Tie Gala. Source: Getty Images
7. Try a home remedy
My mum always said to wash your hair in beer to make it shiny; use an eggwhite mask to tighten your pores. It wasn’t a girlie upbringing I had — it was about home remedies.
8. Eat to your blood type
I’m blood-type “A”, so I run well on rice and vegies. I was a vegan for a long time but now eat animal protein occasionally. Food is important to me — quality, not quantity.
9. Get scrubbing
I have an exfoliating mitt, so I scrub my body quite strongly every day and scrub my face. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. Keep skin soft, smooth and glowing.
10. Give it a rest
I challenge any woman to drink three litres of water every day for a month and sleep for seven hours a night and not lose weight, look better and feel better.
For more of Elle’s insights, pick up a copy this fortnight’s Yours magazine.
Yours magazine, out now.

0 comments :