Finally identified an annoying noise from pc

Posted: Sunday, April 6, 2014 by Tyler Durden in Labels: ,

Finally identified an annoying noise from pc

For months now, been getting a really noisy clicking sound from pc.

I occurs in seconds then stops and repeats.

Today I took all hdd offline.
The noise still occurs.

So I can checkoff hdd as being the cause.

The sound seem to come in the center of the motherboard.

I try to take off the gpu, but not able to, due to the hidden lock.

A new insight or thought occurs

I  google "gpu clicking sound"

Someone had an issue with the fan.

So I test it by putting my finger pressure on the fan, it stop the sound.
when let go, it started again.

So I increase fan to 100% speed.
It was more louder.
I let it run for a while.

Then put it back to default speed.

Now it seems to lessen stop the sound.

The fan bearings are too loose/tight or dry....

0 comments :